Edmonton Chinese Engineers Society, incorporated in May 1993 under The Societies Act of Alberta, is a not-for-profit, cultural and technical society recognized by APEGA (The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta). Our members are mostly from the greater Edmonton area. Although we are called the Edmonton Chinese Engineers Society, we have members of other ethnic origin as well as members who are in other professions.
our mission and objectives
To promote the common interests of Chinese Professional Engineers in Canada.
- To exchange technical knowledge and share engineering experience within the context of the Code of Ethics of APEGA.
- To promote fellowship including recreational and social activities among members and other associations.
- To liaise with other engineering associations and organizations in Canada and the Pacific Rim countries.
- To provide input on the developments in the Chinese community.
- To assist engineering students through the offering of scholarship and advice on job opportunities.